When We Are Closed
Call NHS 111
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
We are closed for essential staff training on:
- Thursday 19th April 2018
- Wednesday 16th May 2018
- Thursday 14th June 2018
- Wednesday 11th July 2018
- Thursday 13th September 2018
- Wednesday 10th October 2018
- Wednesday 14th November 2018
- Thursday 17th January 2019
- Wednesday 13th February 2019
- Thursday 14th March 2019
On each date the surgery will close at 1pm and re-open the following morning at 8am.
When our GP practice is closed, patients should call the NHS 111 service by dialling 111.
All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
What is the NHS 111 service?
- A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet their needs taking into account their location, the time of day of their call, and capacity of local services.
When should I use 111?
- When it's not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999 call.
- When visiting your own GP isn't an option, for instance when the GP practice is shut or you are away from home.
- When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require.
- When you require reassurance about what to do next.
People with communication difficulties or impaired hearing are able to use the NHS 111 service via a textphone by calling 18001 111. Calls are connected to the TextDirect system and the textphone will display messages to let the user what is happening.
Workington Primary Care Centre (WPCC)
At weekends you can also make a same day appointment at the Primary Care Centre, Workington hospital by dialling 111 or by calling the Primary Care Centre directly on 01900 705039. (Please note that this number is only available at weekends). For more information on the WPCC please click on the following link to view the WPCC leaflet Workington Primary Care Centre Overview